WordPress was once viewed predominantly as a blogging platform. But it has grown into one of the most popular website publishing tools on the Internet. Tech Crunch recently reported that about one fifth of new domains in the U.S. run on WordPress. And it may surprise you to learn that one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress. Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- Updating your site content is simpler than ever using WordPress. With its dynamic page creation you can update your site effortlessly without using a large amount of storage
- You can get a free website at WordPress.com with subdomains. This is a great way to reduce costs if you don’t mind .wordpress.org at the end of your domain.
- If you have your own domain and hosting account, WordPress can be installed in minutes (WordPress calls it their ‘famous 5-minute install’). No coding skills required.
- If you do own your own domain there are some minimum requirements to run WordPress. You'll want to ensure you have the correct and compliant versions of PHP and MySQL. This will ensure that you can receive reliable WordPress support if required.
- To help make your site look nice, there is an wide-ranging selection of templates, called “themes”, available online. Some are free, while others aren't. Nevertheless, using these you can easily and quickly customize your site to your liking.
- WordPress has centralized management. Which makes managing your pages, posts, as well as your users simple with WordPress.
- WordPress is e-commerce friendly. There are tons of plugins developed by users to help you to advertise, review, and even sell products. This means you don’t need to find other payment systems or any other add-ons, they can be found readily within the WordPress community.